Although the mocha has dozens of variations, here is a classic recipe that can be enjoyed at any time of day. Feel free to jazz up your mocha with flavoring or whipped cream to make a one-of-a-kind creation. If you prefer iced coffee, try our mocha iced coffee recipe.
What you'll need
• 2 Gourmesso Espresso (or 1 Lungo)
• 2 tbsps. of hot water
• 1 tbsp. of unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 tbsp. of sugar
• pinch of salt
• ½ cup of milk
Note:While you can use a pre-made chocolate syrup, we suggest creating your own using these ingredients.
In your mug, mix the water, cocoa, sugar and salt.
Steam the milk either in a steamer or microwave, and add to the chocolate mixture.
Brew your favorite blend of Gourmesso, and pour the espresso into your mug.
• add vanilla, hazelnut, almond or raspberry syrup
• top with whipped cream, caramel sauce and a pinch of salt
• top with marshmallows and chocolate chips to create a "Campfire Mocha"