St. Patrick’s Day
St. Patrick’s Day is a widely celebrated holiday in Ireland, England, the United States, and in other countries with a large Irish diaspora. The religious and cultural holiday celebrated on March 17th marks the death of the patron saint of Ireland, St. Patrick. Throughout history (and the diaspora) the day’s celebration has moved further away from a religious tone, to one that generally reflects a celebration of Irish culture and heritage. Celebrations tend to include parades with colorful floats, the wearing of green, and other traditions related to Irish culture. The large consumption of alcohol on this day stems from the Irish Church lifting the Lenten restrictions of drinking alcohol, as well as the relations to having a good pint in Irish culture.
One of the most well known drinks that comes from Ireland is the Irish Coffee. This delicious drink usually consists of espresso, whipped and cooled cream, and a shot or two of Irish Whiskey. In celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, we have found the best Irish Coffee Recipe out there for you to try with Gourmesso espresso. We hope you enjoy it, and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Irish Coffee Recipe:
Cooking time: 5 minutes
1fl oz Irish Whiskey
1 tsp brown raw cane sugar
1 heaped tbsp whipped pouring cream
1 hot double espresso made with any Gourmesso blend
1. Use warmed coffee glasses and add the whiskey.
2. Add the sugar and dissolve in the whiskey.
3. Add the coffee and stir well.
4. Whip the cream lightly but still able to pour.
5. The lightly whipped cream is carefully poured over the back of a spoon initially held just above the surface of the coffee and gradually raised a little as you pour, the cream should float on top.
6. Serve and enjoy this Irish Classic.