LEARN HOW TO DESCALE A KEURIG* COFFEE MAKER - KEURIG* DESCALING
Learn how to Descale a Keurig®* Coffee Maker!
Looking for the best way to descale your Keurig®* coffee machine?
In order to keep your Keurig®* coffee maker running like it's brand new, we recommend you clean out the hard water buildup regularly. Like most appliances, Keurig®* machines require a little TLC. Take a few minutes to preserve your machine and extend its life. Make your coffee taste better than ever!
What Is Descaling?
All coffee machines—including Keurig®* brewers—build up hard deposits of calcium over time. Descaling your machine will remove these deposits, allowing the coffee to achieve a proper extraction—improving its flavor and temperature. Since flavor and temperature are two key components to the overall coffee experience, it’s important to keep the machine running like new.
How Often Does This Need To Be Done?
The frequency of descaling depends on the mineral content in your water. That is why we recommend using filtered or bottled water for every-day brewing. Calcium deposits or scale may build-up in your brewer and hinder your brewer's performance. We recommend descaling your Keurig®* coffee maker regularly, about every 3-6 months.
Descaling your Keurig®* coffee maker is a simple process that can be done in four easy steps. Essentially, it involves adding a descaling solution to the water reservoir and flushing the solution through the machine. Check the video and follow these four simple steps:
Step 1 - Get Your Machine Ready
- Empty the Water Reservoir. If there is a Keurig®* Water Filter, remove and set aside
- If necessary, disable the "Auto Off" features per the Owner's Manual for your brewer.
- Turn brewer off
Step 2 - First Descaling Rinse
- Pour the entire bottle/packet of Keurig® Descaling Solution into the Water Reservoir
- Then fill the empty bottle with water and pour into the Water Reservoir. If using a powder packet, fill the reservoir with a pint-sized glass of water
- Press the Power button to turn the brewer back on
- Place the large mug on the Drip Tray and run a cleansing brew by lifting and lowering the Handle, selecting a 10 oz brew size and pressing the BREW button. Do not use a Keurig® beverage pod
- Pour the brewed contents of the mug down the sink - Do not drink!
Step 3 - Second Descaling Rinse
- Repeat the cleansing brew process until the Touch Display indicates "More Water Please." Allow the brewer to stand for at least 30 minutes while still on. (Not necessary for Rivo® system)
- After 30 minutes, discard any residual solution and rinse the Water Reservoir thoroughly
Step 4 - Fresh Water Rinse
- Ensure the Water Reservoir is filled with fresh water to and not beyond the max fill line
- Place a large mug on the Drip Tray Plate and run a cleansing brew using the largest brew size. For Keurig® 2.0/Plus Series brewers, brew 6 ounces of hot water. Do not use a Keurig® beverage pod
- Pour the contents of the mug into the sink
- Repeat the cleansing process at least 12 times. You may need to refill the Water Reservoir at least one time during this process
You can now continue to enjoy our range of Glorybrew pods specifically designed to optimize the extraction quality of your machine, and guarantee the ultimate coffee quality, cup after cup. Still have questions? Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about descaling your Keurig®* coffee maker.
Save Money With Our Offers for Keurig K-Cup®* Compatible Coffee Pods
Have we piqued your curiosity? Would you like to try Glorybrew? For our new and returning customers, we offer different coupons and promo codes for our compatible capsules.
The advantages and benefits of Glorybrew
1. Compatible with Keurig K-Cup®* Brewers
Our 100% compostable pods work in most K-Cup®* brewers and in all popular Keurig®* machines, even 2.0 models! These pods DO NOT work in Keurig®* Vue or Rivo®* brewers. They also DO NOT work in commercial Keurig®* brewers.
2. Compostable Pods
Enjoy pods for Keurig®* machines that are 100% compostable! Compostable differs from biodegradable and simple recycling; it's much better! Made from plant-based materials, these pods will disintegrate in compost piles in just under 12 weeks.
3. Rainforest Alliance Certified™ Coffee
The Rainforest Alliance certifies that our coffee is grown to meet standards that support environmental, social, and economic sustainability.
4. K-Cup®* Price Comparison
The average price for K-Cups®* ranges from $0.55 to $0.60/K-Cup. Glorybrew 100% Compostable and Rainforest Alliance™ Certified Coffee begins at just $0.63 per pod! Subscribe to our newsletter for more information and access to additional discounts!
5. Free shipping from $50
Free shipping on orders of $50 or more.
6. Fast delivery
Your goods will be delivered within 2-4 working days.