On this page you will learn how to master the art of making a latte macchiato using a Nespresso machine with a step by step guide.
In order to make the perfect latte macchiato with your Nespresso machine you will need: an espresso coffee capsule of your choice, milk and cocoa powder or cinnamon (optional). You will also need an Aeroccino milk frother or your Nespresso machine's steam nozzle, or the Lattissima Plus machine. With a very low level of difficulty it takes only 3 minutes to create a latte macchiato.
We also want to introduce you to Gourmesso capsules, because we are convinced that we can make you a happy customer by enjoying a blend of creamy milk foam with our coffee.
A latte macchiato is a coffee beverage that originates from Italy and stand for stained milk in Italian. This refers to the method of preparation, where in the milk is "stained" by the addition of espresso. It may be prepared simply by frothing milk, generally producing generous foam, pouring it into a glass, and adding espresso. This drink is typically served in a tall glass and has distinctive layers between the foam, espresso, and milk with the foam on top, espresso below the foam and milk at the bottom.
Making a latte macchiato with your Nespresso Machine is a simple process that can be done in six easy steps. These involve choosing an espresso coffee capsule, brewing your espresso, frothing the milk, combining the milk with your espresso and milk foam, and finally, flavoring it with cinnamon or chocolate powder according to taste (optional).
To master the art of latte macchiato with a step by step guide on how to make a delicious drink with a Nespresso machine.
- Brewed espresso (1.5 oz/40 ml) of your choice (we recommend the Gourmesso Etiopia Blend Forte and Honduras Pura Forte)
- 3-5 oz (100-120 ml) of cold milk
- Optional: cocoa powder or cinnamon according to taste
- One tall glass (12 oz/350 ml)
- Aeroccino milk frother or your Nespresso machine's steam nozzle, or the Lattissima Plus machine
The latte macchiato is served in a tall, narrow glass and consists of three layers, which should be mixed with each other only slightly. The bottom layer is the hot milk, then follows a layer of the brewed espresso, and finally the top layer consists of milk foam.
Tip: It's important that the espresso is hotter than the milk so that the espresso and the milk do not mix.
- First, froth the milk using the steam nozzle of your Nespresso machine or the Aeroccino milk frother and warm it up until it becomes a velvety froth
- When the froth is ready, fill the tall glass with the prepared frothed milk
- The froth, being lighter than the milk will naturally separate and settle on top. The first two layers have now been formed
- Now choose an espresso coffee capsule and put it in the machine (we recommend the Gourmesso Etiopia Blend Forte and Honduras Pura Forte)
- Brew your desired coffee capsule by pressing the 'espresso' sized button on you Nespresso machine. This should brew 1.5 ounces (40 ml) of espresso
- Once brewed, pour the espresso directly over the frothed milk in your tall glass
- Being lighter than the milk, the coffee will gently settle between the two existing layers, creating a third color variation
- The result is a magnificent and delicious latte macchiato
- Delicately add 2 to 3 spoons of additional froth as desired (optional)
- Add sugar and sprinkle with cocoa powder or cinnamon according to taste (optional)
- Or as an alternative you can prepare a cappuccino in one touch using the Lattissima Plus machine